IN THIS EPISODE...
• What does finding your own path really look like? (10:16)
• Pushing yourself through fear and taking the next step (15:29)
• Being strategic about where you want to go, and the long process to get there (17:39)
• Success and comparison (23:54)
• Pursuing your passion is an expression of who God's made you to be (31:53)
• The Holy Spirit and the creative process (38:58)
• Failure as a part of the process to creativity and success (46:21)
Jeanette Johnson is the author of J's Everyday Fashion and Faith, and a full time blogger who writes about style on her popular blog, J's Everyday Fashion, one of the most-followed American fashion blogs, with a site that has more than a million unique followers every year. In addition to her blog, she regularly appears on morning shows and does a host of public appearances and speaking engagements. She and her husband live in Orlando.
Get the book: J's Everyday Fashion and Faith: Personal Style with a Purpose on Amazon, available in Kindle, paperback, and audio versions: http://a.co/67kYVoY
BIBLE VERSES, LINKS, AND QUOTED SAYINGS:
• Quoted: "Courage is not not having fear. It's deciding to do it anyway"
• Quoted: "Every entrepreneur has two things in common: they want to change the world, and they're just crazy enough to believe they can do it."
• The War of Art by Steven Pressfield - http://a.co/cSxjIkr
• "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns - https://youtu.be/C5FuR41p-pg
• Elizabeth Gilbert's TED talk: "Your elusive creative genius" - https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius/
• Holy Spirit empowering workers to create: Exodus 31: 3-5, Exodus 35: 31-35, Exodus 36: 1
• Jeremiah 29: 11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future"
• J's Everyday Fashion and Faith: Personal Style with a Purpose on Amazon - http://a.co/67kYVoY
• Jeanette's blog: https://jseverydayfashion.com/
Watch the next episode: https://youtu.be/3G9wA9dXzbE
💬 LEAVE A COMMENT - who do you want to see next? What did you learn? What would *you* have asked Jeanette?
This is Sword and Savvy, a video-chat style interview show, like grabbing a virtual coffee with a Christian business mentor. Guests are established Christian entrepreneurs who talk about how their faith impacts their business and how their business impacts their faith. To learn more, including how to become a guest: http://faithxbusiness.com/swordandsavvy
Transcript coming soon
✔️ SUBSCRIBE now for more videos for Christian entrepreneurs. New videos every Wednesday!