Grab your complimentary copy of the 60+page Tuxedo & Black Tie Pocket Guide PDF here: https://gentl.mn/black-tie-tuxedo-pocket-guide
For the world's most comprehensive Guide to Tuxedos and Black Tie, check out:
and if you just want a quick lack tie dress code explanation, take a look here: https://gentl.mn/black-tie-dress-code-explained-must-see
This is the ultimate Tuxedo & Black Tie Guide for men & the groom and groomsmen at weddings, galas, prom, balls and any other event that asks for black tie, formal, creative formal...
For Black TIe Watches, take a look at
SHOP THE VIDEO:
1. Evening Scarf in White Silk Satin - https://gentl.mn/2qvbIaZ
2. Evening Scarf in Black and White Silk Satin - https://gentl.mn/2qv3dfS
3. Eagle Claw Cufflinks with Onyx Ball - https://gentl.mn/2pYUgHO
4. Shadow Stripe Ribbed Socks Burgundy and light gray - https://gentl.mn/2qvfQYw
5. Shadow Stripe Ribbed Socks Light Grey and Light Blue - https://gentl.mn/2pW3oh9
6. Black Bow Tie in Silk Barathea Sized Butterfly Self Tie - https://gentl.mn/2pYxyzE
7. Black Self-Tie Bow Tie in Silk Satin - https://gentl.mn/2pYVSBv
8. Over The Calf in Black Silk - https://gentl.mn/2qU56E6
9. Black Silk Wide Ribbed Grosgrain - https://gentl.mn/2pWjyae
10. Dark Red Velvet Spray Rose Boutonniere - https://gentl.mn/2qtZNtw
11. Purple Carnation Boutonniere - https://gentl.mn/2pW4ppB
12. Classic White Irish Linen Pocket Square - https://gentl.mn/2qvmii1
13. White Evening Leather Gloves - https://gentl.mn/2qub3pF
14. Silk Satin Cummerbund in Black - https://gentl.mn/2pNLHEF
The classic choice for a fabric is a black wool barathea which is a little more matte and alternatively, you can opt for something navy or a very dark blue, maybe with a herringbone weave, some people even go with fine twill weave or a plain weave.
The most traditional jacket has no vents which is unusual today because most jackets have either side vents or center vents.
02:39 Pocket Style
The most original pocket style is jetted pockets. You have one on the right, one on the left, no ticket pocket.
You want black matching buttons that are either covered in the same fabric as your tuxedo or silk, or you go with a contrasting button.
Should be faced with silk.
03:47 What to avoid
- You do not want a flannel material
- Avoid notched lapels
- Avoid any two button or three button single breasted jackets
- Avoid side vents and center vents
You want a matching material to the jacket in the same color. A special hallmark of the black tie trouser is a strip of fabric on the side which is also called galon.
When it comes to an evening vest, they're very different from your day vest. They have a much deeper cut out so you see more of your shirt front and the studs on your shirt front.
When you wear your cummerbund, make sure that the pleats face upwards not downwards.
07:09 Tuxedo Shirt
It's made of a white fabric usually poplin or twill and it always has an insert. It can either be in Marcella or a pique cotton insert, it can be a pleated front or sometimes just a finely woven pattern.
08:39 Black Bow Tie
Never wear a black neck tie, that would be incorrect. The only acceptable color is black and you can go with different shapes and textures.
The only two options were a capless Oxford shoe that was laced or opera pumps also known as court shoes with a deep cut out and a bow in front.
10:59 Black Tie Accessories
You want to have black silk socks that are over the calf.
11:35 Cuff links
Usually black such as onyx or abalone, sometimes, they would come as a matching set with your shirt style. Personally, I also like to wear white mother of pearl studs because it just provides a different look .
Most classic choice are carnations. White or red will work as well but you can also go with pink or white.
The perfect hat would be a homburg hat because it has the right degree of formality.
13:56 White evening gloves
It definitely provides a very dapper look, screams elegance.
For Videos & Guides Mentioned:
- Oxford Shoes Guide: https://gentl.mn/2rhhjCg
- Black Bow Tie Guide: https://gentl.mn/2rhGGUJ
- Proper Pants Break & Length: https://gentl.mn/2qvmYnE
- PDF Pocket Guide: https://gentl.mn/black-tie-tuxedo-guide
#blacktie #tuxedo #eveningwear
Want to stay updated? Sign up here for free:
Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our channel!