No Transformation Packs!!!!
Download below with everything you need including cursors, sounds, wallpapers and themes. instructions to restore are included too!!!!
Turn on annotation and watch this space for added features and updates to the instructions and download.
INSTRUCTIONS Please follow carefully. Before you do anything, set a restore point.
1.Right click on task bar, click settings. Set "use small taskbar buttons" to on. And "combine taskbar buttons" to "only when full"
2. Right Click on taskbar, go to "cortana" and select "hidden"
3.Install Classic Shell - google search and download (you need the most up-to-date)
4.Right click the Start menu button to open Classic Start Menu Settings
5.By default, the Settings dialog opens in basic mode.
6.You need to switch it to the extended mode by ticking the "Show all settings" checkbox
7.Now, go to the tab called Taskbar and enable the "Customize taskbar" option.
8.Click the option "Taskbar texture" and then click the [...] button to browse for the file XP taskbar Repeat.png
9.In horizontal stretching below, set "Tile"
10.Next, go to the Start button tab (the tab to the left of the Taskbar tab in Classic Shell).
11.Tick the option "Replace Start button" and then click the option "Custom button". Then click "Button image" and then click the [...] button.
13.GO to the "SKin" tab and select "Windows XP Luna" from the dropdown box. Check show user picture and show user name
14.Change your desktop background to XP Desktop Background.jpg and your lock screen to Lock.jpg
15. Copy "XP Sounds" to C:\Windows\Media
16.Right click on desktop and click personalise. Go to themes-theme settings-sounds.
17.Check the box "Play windows startup sound". Now to every sound, change the sound via the browse button to the corresponding windows xp sound in the file
18.Then "save as.." the sound scheme as "windows xp"
19.Start StartupSoundChanger.exe, click replace and browse for the "XP Startup.wav" in the same sound folder
20.Copy "XP Cursors" to C:\Windows\Cursors
21.Right click on desktop and click personalise. Go to themes-theme settings-mouse pointer settings
22.Do the same as in step 10 but for cursors
23.Still in Theme settings, Save the theme as "Windows XP".
24. Download and install "winaero tweaker". Now open up the program
25. In Winaero tweaker, check "enable balloon tooltips" under desktop and taskbar
To restore Back to Normal:
1.Uninstall Classic Shell
2. Change your desktop background to default and your lock screen to default
3. Right click on desktop and click personalise. Go to themes-theme settings-sounds.
4. Check the box "Play windows startup sound". Under the sound scheme drop down box select "windows default"
5. Start StartupSoundChanger.exe and click restore
6. Right click on desktop and click personalise. Go to themes-theme settings-mouse pointer settings
7. Under the cheme drop down box select "windows standard"
8. In Winaero tweaker, uncheck "enable balloon tooltips" under desktop and taskbar
Can't change boot logo, title bar style, or have a logon/logoff sound on windows 10 (as of 29/09/17)
As of June 2017, the task bar is cannot be in windows xp style on older versions of classic shell, all you need to do is to update classic shell to the latest version.
Please Follow my Twitter feed @pstasiw1
Please comment, like and subscribe.
My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/pstasiw